Planned Parenthood Organizer - Wisconsin
Our access to reproductive healthcare is under attack across the nation like never before. As of June this year, Roe v Wade - the landmark legislation in the US that protects the right to choose whether or not to have an abortion - was overturned. The only way that we can win back reproductive healthcare rights in Wisconsin is to ensure that Planned Parenthood endorsed candidates win in November.
We are currently hiring part-time and full-time Campus Organizers to hit the ground running and turn out reproductive freedom voters on campuses across Wisconsin. Increasing voter turnout is one of the keys to reproductive health championss winning in November, and we must win if we are going to be able to address systemic issues impacting the most vulnerable communities in our country.
Campus Organizers will organize through relational networks across campus, engage and train student volunteers and leaders on grassroots actions, and coordinate volunteer events in partnership with campus organizations to build visibility and execute a successful GOTV campaign
Dates: We are hiring immediately and this project will run through November 11, 2022
Locations: College communities in Madison, Milwaukee, Oshkosh, Eau Claire, Stevens Point, Kenosha County, Green Bay, and White Water, Wisconsin.
What You’ll Do
Run Get Out the Vote campaign
- Table and petition across key campuses to collect Commit to Vote Cards in support of Planned Parenthood-endorsed candidates
- Recruit and train dozens of volunteers for daily petitioning and canvassing shifts
- Nail 100% of all administrative and legal requirements and ensure that volunteers do the same
- Organize and execute Vote Tripling trainings for volunteers and supporters and schedule them into in-person Election Day shifts
Recruit and train dozens of volunteer activists
- Call volunteers on campus and recruit them to grassroots actions
- Identify new volunteers by gathering petitions and making announcements in public
- Run grassroots skills trainings to develop effective campaigners among volunteers
- Keep meticulous track of a volunteer list so that no potential activist falls through the cracks
Volunteer leadership development
- Host and help to run weekly campaign meetings to develop a community of leaders
- Pitch and train volunteers to take on leadership responsibilities
- Able to work in-person on your assigned campus from September through Election Day, 2022
- Can speak compellingly about campaign issues and strategy
- Willing and able to listen to staff and solve problems
- Committed to equity and inclusion
- Strong work ethic; able to persevere in the face of challenges and setbacks
- Attention to detail, ability to drive best practices critical for protecting the integrity of the registration process
- Flexible; ready for the unexpected and willing to adapt to last minute changes
- Eager to learn and open to feedback
- Basic tech competency (G-suite or microsoft office, smart phone or computer)
- Willing to work evenings and weekends
- Community or issue-based campaign experience
- Experience running paid canvasses or managing paid employees
- Experience running voter registration or petition signature-gathering efforts
- Passion for social change and activism
- Team building ability
- Attention to detail
- A track record of success meeting or exceeding goals
- Experience working in underserved or marginalized communities
- Facilitation experience
- Local knowledge/experience
Salary, Benefits and Perks:
The pay for this position is $24-25/hour depending on experience. Hours range part-time (20 hours/week) to full-time (40 hours/week). Salary within this range is determined through an equity calculator. As part of The Outreach Team’s commitment to compensation equity and transparency, we have a no negotiation policy. Salary negotiations can introduce bias and perpetuate wage inequality. At the end of the campaign, there may be opportunities for advancement. We offer a generous benefits package, including:
- Generous health, dental and vision benefits
- A monthly cell phone stipend.
Equity: If you are interested in this position but don’t think you qualify for everything, please don’t let that stop you from applying! At The Outreach Team, we prioritize equity and inclusion and believe our work is better when it benefits from the knowledge, experience, and wisdom of people who have faced systemic barriers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
Who We Are: The Outreach Team is the national engine of campaigners and organizers powering the progressive movement. With an on-the-ground presence in communities all across the country, our world-class team runs successful civic engagement campaigns on behalf of progressive organizations and campaigns—to build a future that’s fairer, greener, safer and more peaceful for everyone.
Our client list includes organizations like Democratic National Committee, Black Progressive Action Coalition, Black Futures Lab, Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund, Climate Action Campaign, Planned Parenthood, Democratic Senate Campaign Committee, For our Future, Solar Rights Alliance, The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union, and more.
Check out our other open positions here!